Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Monday 13 October 2008

Lovepimple Purple Pills : Lovepedal Purple Plexi / 800



Here's another delightful Lovepedal design for you. Again produced from the freestompboxes cauldren of joy! As we can all now see it is a simple 386 power amp chip distortion device, been around for years yet still pleasing to the ears. Check out the demo video;



Thanks to all of freestompboxes for the research work and especially Ghandi (for the scheme). Expect a PCB layout soon when it's been verified as correct :-)


And below is the Purple Plexi 800, which is just a slight variation on the Purple Plexi;


On a side note the 386 chip can be quite entertaining, check out Colin's Parallel Universe design over at www.eaced.com in the schematics section for a truly wacky machine!

11 comments:

  1. The resistors labeled "10" are 10 ohm resistors. The diodes are BAT46 diodes, which can technically be omitted - they are there for polarity protection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these blogs man. Is there any chance of a perf board layout showing up on this build? I'm really new to this whole thing and it would help me a lot. Also, what does "Nature" stand for on the other layouts?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very good comment you shared.Thank you so much that for you shared those things with us.Im wishing you to carry on with ur achivments.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    I found another layout which have three 47uf capacitors instead of two.
    What's the difference between them ?

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. At max Gain I get Oscillations that only go away if I raise R5 to about 10 K. Anybody else experience this?
    Thanks
    Andre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just built this pedal it sounds pretty good. One problem I have is after I play my guitar for a little while then stop the pedal will make some weird crackle sound like when you remove your guitar cord before shutting down your amp. All my cords are new. I re-soldered everything and I re-checked all my wiring. And for the major high pitch squeal I put a 150r resistor on lug 3 than I hooked up the wire on the gain control. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the schematic has different cap values for C1, C2 & C6 than the layout. Does that make a difference?

    ReplyDelete

  8. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you Zoloft 25mg/50mg in the whole USA/Sweden?
    We are Providing Buy Melatonin Online Melatonin 10mg,Xanax 2 mg ,Ativan 2 mg,Buy Concerta tablets,Zopiclone 5 mg online,Imovane 5 mg
    ">MORE DETAILS......
    Order Now!...info@godtdsamaritansk.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. zeed slot168 ของพวกเรา วันนี้สามารถ ช่วยเพิ่มเดิมพันที่เหมาะสมที่สุด ให้กับนักร้องเพลงทุกคน pg slot สำหรับเพื่อการเลือกเข้าใช้บริการตรงนี้ กันแน่ๆ ค้ำประกันได้เลยว่าการสร้างรายได้

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.