Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Nick Greer - Green Giant


Thanks again to the Freestompboxes community (samhambone for the original scheme and purplepeopleeater for the cleaned up version) we have a schematic for the Nick Greer Green Giant overdrive pedal. As you can see it's a simple "Electra Overdrive" with a pot added between the diodes and the signal to raise the clipping threshold. It's an interesting control which I have been using in a range of designs at the moment too. Check it out :-) Thanks again Freestompboxes.

Here is a description taken from the Greer Website:

"One of Nick Greer's personal favorites. Formerly built by Greer Amplification for endorsers only. A basic distortion unit with a limiter between the output of the signal and the clipping section of the diodes. The knob is labeled clean mix and allows the user to limit the amount of signal being distorted, resulting in a sound much that of the clean signal being mixed in on top of the distorted signal. Great for country, rock, and blues players who want good sounding distortion with the ability to dial the amount of hair."

1 comment:

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.