Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 May 2008

AnalogGirl - King of Queens Overdrive

Everyone likes originals? Here is the Analogman - KOT (King of Tone) schematic, looks just like a modified Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal to me. But you do get two of these circuits in series when you buy the KOT, which is pretty cool, and the build quality is good. The only problem is waiting time - approx 1.5 years! Here is the great Torchy's project which will allow you to build one half of the KOT, for full KOT build two of these and stick em in the same the box! Thanks again Torch, your a king.



And a demo video of it in action:


19 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone has a beef with AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No beef - just a small joke...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna try this, putting two in the same case.

    One question, Why are a lot of the part values in the schematic different than the General Guitar Gadgets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it's the same circuit structure but uses different values..

      Delete
    2. So just modding the GGG's Bluesbreaker like the picture won't get me an acutal KOT?
      I would have to build directly from the schematic above?

      Delete
    3. Or does the modded GGG Bluesbreaker sound so close to a KOT that you dont need to make any more adjustments?

      (This is my second build and I want to get as close to the KOT as possible since that's the closest I can get to a JHS Morning Glory.)

      Delete
    4. The KOT is just a Bluesbreaker with altered values. As long as you build the GGG Bluesbreaker with the modifications shown you'll get a KOT replica...

      Delete
    5. Ok, thanks! I was getting worried cause I already ordered the pcb's and just noticed that there were several part values besides the ones in the "changed/added" box that weren't matching up with GGG's schematic.

      Delete
    6. I've been trying to track down where torchy originaly posted this. no luck any tips on where I can find more of his stuff?

      Delete
  4. Has this been verified? mine doesn't seem to be working. Except for the volume knob, that works. I used a JRC4580D chip instead of GGG's TL072.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I got it working, but here's the problem. It only works for about a minute then dies. I'm trying to use a normal pot for the treble boost instead of a trimpot, but I'm not sure if I'm hooking it up properly.

      Delete
  5. Yes, all the GGG projects are verified. It sounds like you have a problem with the power supply. Check the polarity of the capacitors and also check for cold solder joints or solder bridges..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I never liked silicium diode sound in overdrives, i prefer germanium, but i build this and try modifications (KOT) and original (BB). Sound was ok on lower gain, but hi-gain was like rest of silicium diode pedals - grrrr. I did nont belive in "mojo", but just in case I search about MAS diodes in COT, and find something about MAS was used in old TV/radio band swichers. I dig old TV and ripoff diodes from band circuit, replace them in pedal and - i cant belive, hi-gain sound is great! Again, thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While you are working on the rare things on decimators, you have all the essential kit that you required. According to the reading which is quite accurate and go with it. Where you have tons of cheap thesis writing service instead searching for the new writers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, many thanks! The fact that there were additional part values outside of those in the "changed/added" box that didn't match GGG's design had me concerned because I had already purchased the PCBs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you have a problem hollistic doctor near me
    with the power supply. Check the polarity of the capacitor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now students can enjoy the movie, they can relax themselves by trusting on Cheap Assignment Writing Service Uk. They are affordable, honest and reliable. They complete the assignment on deadline with high-quality material.

    ReplyDelete
  12. for students of all classes. It enhances learning and makes educational materials more accessible. Similarly, when it comes to enhancing the security and aesthetics of your property, consider buy dissertation Service

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.