Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Saturday 4 February 2012

Fred Briggs - Dual Band Vibrato


Here is a new design from myself. As far as I know it's a concept that hasn't been explored before (Although the Catalinbread Harmonic Mesmeriser uses a similar technique with an LFO running with opposite phase outputs to drive dual tremolo/vibrato circuits). Essentially the signal is split into two parallel paths - one path for treble and one path for bass. Using the dual LFO setup you can set your own depth and speed for each frequency band, this makes for some really strange effects with pseudo phase shifting occurring due to the cross over in frequency bands and the resultant signal cancellations. Some settings give a clear vibrato, others sound almost "uni-viby". I like setting the bass to a slower vibrato with the treble set quite quickly, it gives a really ethereal quality to your tone. Add in a bit of delay and you're into real psychedelia!

This project is currently not finished, although it does sound damn good so far, I'm still exploring all the possibilities that this concept holds. There is a thread over at freestompboxes.org detailing it's continuing progress: http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15956

Once I've got this circuit finished I'm thinking about building a few up and sending them around as demo boxes. Yep, I like this circuit that much!

3 comments:

  1. hey fred, any chance of a vero layout?
    guessing i better hit the thread at fsb...lol
    thanks, looks like a cool circuit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested in this circuit. It sounds wonderful.
    How is it coming along?
    If someone can make a vero, I'll build asap.

    Thanks for your work. What a great idea!

    j
    147pedals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for such great blog! London prostitutions

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.