Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Sunday 5 February 2012

Soulsonic FX - Hunny Bunny


Soulsonic makes some cool effects. The Hunny Bunny is one of the best. He's released a schematic on the freestompboxes.org forum. First here's the description from his site:

"The Hunny Bunny is what I consider to be my first truly original design overdrive. The basic idea was to get away from the generic “Tube Screamer” style opamp+diodes concept while still having the tone-shaping character that has made that style popular.

The result is a clever hybrid of the opamp and discrete styles: an opamp does the basic tone shaping and drives a MOSFET to create a very natural overdrive.

The timbre of the overdrive is controlled by the “Honey” knob. At minimal settings, the overdrive is tight and crunchy – a very “British” voice that sounds right at home barking out classic AC/DC riffs. As it’s turned up, the overdrive gets thicker and more saturated, and when the Gain control is up high, it’s no longer appropriate to call it an overdrive because it’s become a great heavy sustaining distortion. A simple passive high-cut Tone control lets you tame down the highs if you’re playing through a bright amp."

There's a decent sound clip on his site too. Here's the schematic:


Madbean has produced this PCB layout for the Hunny Bunny: http://www.box.com/s/na1r16nka8vs4fejmgz8

The tone control is just a simple adjustable low pass filter positioned at the end of the circuit.

4 comments:

  1. Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading
    through your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
    thủ thuật chơi xóc đĩa
    nhà cái chơi xóc đĩa uy tính

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks
    ban ca online
    danh bai online

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.