Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Zvex Nano Head Schematic?


Yep. It's here alright, I actually drew the schematic up on this one! -





Check it out. Note that the power supply in the scheme is not the original switching type as used in the nano. It'll make no difference to the sound, all the power supply needs to do it provide 230VDC to those plates! You could sub in the power supply from this amp here: http://jjs.at/electronic/class_a_subminiature.html

Demo video:



This was kindly provided by a freestompboxes.org member, many thinks :-)

View the thread here: http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=511&p=55083#p55083

Here are some good links regarding sub-mini tube amps - http://amps.zugster.net/projects/subminiature

4 comments:

  1. Hi ! Congratulations for your Work !
    Also, I have a question about your Schematic, there is something strange on it: The two Diodes; Z1 and Z2 are connected from the Gnd to the Gnd serially, is it normal ?
    Many THanks

    Taoz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No: Connected this 2 zener diodes from CT trafo to GND in order to reduce the HV by the zener voltage. JFK-Juerg

      Delete
    2. Then is the ground symbol on the CT an error? I think that's what he was referring to.

      Delete
  2. Nonsense,zeners must be serial from center tap to ground !!!! not parallel with the gnd...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.