Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Monday 9 January 2012

Zvex - Box of Metal


Here is another one I get quite a few emails for - http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Kokbox/docs/Kokbox_ver.3.5.pdf
(Note the project does not include the "Gate" section as it was deemed unnecessary.)

It's another brilliant ex-madbean project. Don't forget to check out his wares at http://www.madbeanpedals.com .

Here's a basic schematic for reference:


Guess what - yep, more cascaded Super Hard On gain stages :-)

And a vero layout for you:


And another brilliant PCB layout (From Dimebugg and MysticWhiskey):


Heres a demo:


Here's the freestompboxes.org forum topic: http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3911, as you can see CultureJam and Bajaman take a lot of the credit here :-)

6 comments:

  1. The gate deemed useless? The gate is what separates this pedal from the others.
    Darn, ... that was close!
    =8(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I wanted to see the gate section too but the pedal was moved on :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Base on veroboard layout, Would you tell me what is the part under Capacitor number 7???/

    ReplyDelete
  4. upsss..I believe its a trimpot, ok case close

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the layout, nice sound on the video,i tried it but i have some questions, if anyone can help :)

    I did the veroboard leayout, but i have a lot of noise when not playing is it how it's supposed to be without the gate or i need to do some debug, and another thing it miss a capicitor after the R 1Kohm is that ok, it was on the schematics i found. (sometimes the R1M between gnd and In is removed too, what's use does it have ?)

    And another question for the capacitor of the of the treeble, sometimes i find 2nF sometimes 180pf can i use anything between those values (like 1000pf ?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put a "B Version" vero layout with a working gate circuit over at freestompboxes.
    http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3911&p=247046#p247046

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.