Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Fred Briggs - Octave Ringmod Fuzzer (ORF)

Here's the next new project from myself. It's a fun little circuit for you, inspired by Tim Escobedo's Tripple Fuzz. At lower gains it creates a really sweet tone, push it high and it gets truly evil! Stack it into other gain pedals for an absolute fuzz out heaven :-)

Here's the schematic:


The transistors I used where BC557 and BC548, the op amp was a LF351. The optional J201 gain stage adds a lot of character, I prefer this build with it...

1 comment:

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.