Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Lovepedal - Kalamazoo


Well, yet another Lovepedal on the chopping bench - the Kalamazoo. Ok so what we know - it's a tubescreamer derivative. Check out the tones on the demo video:


Some circuit board images were donated to freestompboxes.org and a retrace begun. WhiteKeyHole produced this schematic:


As you can see it's a straight tubescreamer derivative. There are a few unknown values here and there (In brackets) but you should be able to have a tweak yourself and come up with something that suits you a little better. The tone control set the basic level of treble roll off while the glass control sets about boosting/cutting the treble in the same manner that a standard tubescreamer tone control works. There is some interactivity between them but nothing to write home about.

Well, I suppose that's it. Here's an image of the Lovepedal Kalamazoo circuit board:


And some more guts;



And a link to the Lovepedal Kalamazoo topic on freestompboxes.org: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9603

4 comments:

  1. C1 to VB+ ? really? shouln't that be to ground?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can anyone help me with an LED problem on this? I’ve cut the switch section out of the PCB (I damaged some of the circuit tracks when I fitted a new one) and hand wired the severed connections back together. Only problem is, the LED doesn’t work now! I’ve tried a new one and still no luck. It actually does a strange thing where if I press the switch and keep my foot on it, it lights up dimly and then goes off when I lift my foot.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrateful for sharing this

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.