Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Vemuram - Jan Ray Overdrive


So, if you've heard of the Japanese pedal company Vemuram you've probably heard about this: Vemuram Jan Ray = Timmy Clone. It's an attractive pedal - nice brass enclosure, vintage looking knobs. Check it out in action here against the Timmy (yes, there are slight differences - the treble control has a different range and the OPAMP chip is different but the circuit structure is exactly the same.);


Now, the Timmy (the original which is made by Paul C and has been since 1997) has been cloned several times in the past by many different manufacturers. Off the top of my head there's the Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive and the Lovepedal OD11.

Well we have mmolteratx to thank for discovering this latest example of boutiquer cloning. He picked one up and gutted it before tracing it out and providing a schematic for us;

Vemuram Jan Ray Guts
Vemuram Jan Ray Guts
And here's the schematic he drew up;


Yeah, it's a Timmy with a slightly altered treble control. Here's an explanation from mmolteratx;

"No, it's entirely in the different treble control. The bass response is exactly the same, all the trimmer does is vary the effective value of R4, which sets the gain of the stage. The treble control on the Jan Ray lops off everything above 2.8kHz at -6dB/decade at max. The Timmy's control at minimum does the same, but at 10.6kHz. Just use the Timmy's control in a different range and you've got a Jan Ray."

So, there you have it, nothing new and yet another clone. For more information, and a great layout from IVIark (of tagboardeffects.blogspot.com) on the Vermuram Jan Ray Overdrive visit this; http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21934

22 comments:

  1. The Schematic lacks the identification of the VR point on R9 & C12

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is much more similar to the Lovepedal OD11,same pots,same diode clipping

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

    Website Designing Company Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. This message is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, Visit Mutual Fund Wala for best mutual fund investment schemes.
    Mutual Fund Advisor

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an informative blog you share with us, thank you so much for sharing this.
    Lifestyle Magazine India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing blog. Visit Kalakutir Pvt Ltd for the best Commercial Vehicle Painting & Branding, Godown Floor Marking Paintin and Caution & Indication Signages services in delhi, India.
    Commercial Vehicle Painting & Branding

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, i didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numeriuos times for combination of treatments. and no changes so i decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him i want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what i must do and he delivered it to me in my state which i use according to his instruction, and today i must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life,i am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waist more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contact him today for you also to live a sound and happy life. he cure the following disease________Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Stroke,Lupus,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cnacer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,OCD,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually never liked reading articles on blogs but for this blog I want to say that this writing really forced me to try and do it! Your taste in writing has surprised me. Thank you, very good article.
    BIS Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can start the channel and get the channel activation code to enter on YouTube Com Activate website. Once you accomplish this process, then you are ready to watch YouTube videos on your Device.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your blog with us.
    If you are looking for a high-quality coating manufacturers in India , SBL Specialty Coatings is a great option. They provide wide variety of PU coatings . SBL Specialty Coatings Leading industrial coating manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou or Looking to Buy a House in Ontario or explore pre-construction properties in Cambridge , ? Look no further than Amit Airi, one of the top real estate agents in Cambridge . With an in-depth understanding of the local market, Amit can help you find your dream home in Ontario, including new homes for sale .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Training Services, National and International Level
    In India, the BIS issues BIS Certification to provide customers with a third-party guarantee of goods' safety, quality, and reliability. ISI Consultants
    BIS ISI Mark Registration Certification
    The Government of our country has made it compulsory to consider public health for specific products. The purposes of BIS Certification are to increase the customer's confidence and trust in the products, provide quality assurance, safeguard customers from hazardous products and protect public health.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intimately, the article is in reality the best on this topic. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is very helpful and very informative article and I really learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate this content, this article has been really peaked my eye. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy to helpful information here within the article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was captured with the piece of resources have got here. Big thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beverly Yeager5 Mar 2024, 22:16:00


    Honestly When I found out I had herpes virous, I was completely lost because I didn't know what to do and I worried about how the incident would affect my relationship. I couldn't go about it but positive thinking and a healthy approach keeps me going. I tried finding help in all possible area but my efforts were to no avail. But with the help of DR Ikpoko , I discussed the issue with him and I was treated so after some times I went back for another test which came out NEGATIVE and I was totally healed with no side effects . And you can reach out to DR Ikpoko on YouTube he's helpful.
    Whatsapp: +254773606443
    website https://drikpoko.wixsite.com/herbs
    email Drikpoko@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. pigpg เกมใหม่มาแรง แตกดี ที่สุด เว็บเกมใหม่ที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยมอย่างแพร่หลายในวงการเกมออนไลน์ pg slot ด้วยเกมที่มีความสนุกสุดพิเศษและการจ่ายเงินที่แตกต่างออกไปเลย

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.