Really enjoyed this post — I love how much experimentation and humor went into the G2D Custom Cream Tone idea. There is something especially satisfying about these old DIY pedal projects, where a fairly simple concept can turn into a completely unique piece of gear. The connection between the original pedal and the “dream” version is a great touch too. Posts like this are a reminder of how creative the guitar effects community has always been, especially when builders start modifying circuits instead of simply buying another mass-produced pedal. I still enjoy browsing old stompbox projects and schematics whenever I have some free time. When I’m taking a break from guitar-related stuff, I also occasionally check out https://bet-room.it.com/ for something completely different. Anyway, thanks for keeping these old effects experiments documented — there’s a lot of interesting inspiration here for anyone who enjoys pedals, electronics, and guitar tones.
Hey man, that looks exactly like a stompbox that I saw in Tokyo last week, but it was branded Yusumi-Isuyu Custom Overdrive
ReplyDeleteI tried clicking on the schematic but nothing came up. :(
ReplyDeletehttp://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=1226&mode=view
ReplyDeleteURL of schematic image on freestompboxes
http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=2229
Harald Sabro project
Appreciate it for helping out, excellent info.
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
ReplyDeleteGood work! Glad to have found your page!! This is such great work
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed this post — I love how much experimentation and humor went into the G2D Custom Cream Tone idea. There is something especially satisfying about these old DIY pedal projects, where a fairly simple concept can turn into a completely unique piece of gear. The connection between the original pedal and the “dream” version is a great touch too. Posts like this are a reminder of how creative the guitar effects community has always been, especially when builders start modifying circuits instead of simply buying another mass-produced pedal. I still enjoy browsing old stompbox projects and schematics whenever I have some free time. When I’m taking a break from guitar-related stuff, I also occasionally check out https://bet-room.it.com/ for something completely different. Anyway, thanks for keeping these old effects experiments documented — there’s a lot of interesting inspiration here for anyone who enjoys pedals, electronics, and guitar tones.
ReplyDelete